By: Alan W. Houseman. Published by: Consortium for the National Equal Justice Library. Published in March 2018
Alan W. Houseman’s updated report, Civil Legal Aid in the United States, outlines the history of civil legal aid and highlights major developments in the field between July 2015 and December 2017.
Key highlights include:
- Legal Services Corporation and current funding levels, clients served, eligibility and technology initiatives
- The U.S. Department of Justice, Office on Access to Justice developments and non-LSC federal funding
- Medical-legal partnerships across states and related case studies
- Federal, state and law school access to justice initiatives, including forums created by Georgetown University Law Center and Harvard Law School.
- Data outcomes from research and pilot projects that examine the impact of legal services on cases involving housing and homelessness, domestic violence and consumer debt.